Sunday, December 12, 2010

Can you find the grouse?

First time posting a photo.  These two lovely moose have been hanging around my yard for a couple of days, browsing the brush and relaxing.  I congratulate them for having survived hunting season and like to think they know they are safe here.  It's entertaining to watch them and contemplate the radically contrasting  environment that will soon be my home.  The house is growing emptier by the day and the box in the corner where anything Rwanda bound gets put is beginning to look full.  I have  lately been the recipient of an overwhelmingly generous amount of loving support from friends and family and feel like a very lucky girl. 
Stay tuned for what I hope will be fascinating tales of travel and adventure.
Happy holidays!

4 comments:

  1. You sound very calm as you sort, pack boxes, decide what to leave/take. I'm glad that you are taking time to enjoy the wild life in your yard. Great photo. Wonder pictures in January will look like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandpa Rob here. Lovely picture! Jen, have you advised your new tenants that the moose are "PETS". Seems to me Jordie has been known to think of moose as "food" from time to time. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jen - i am SO VERY PLEASED that you've decided to take the plunge. you are a brave, wonderful person and deserve to enjoy all of the fantastic experiences the world has to offer. i know i don't send you too many emails (this is my first blog-thingy - EVER), but i think fondly of our times on Nukko Lake shovellng horse crap, at Cheif Lake in the hottub in the snow and hanging out with Carlos, the goats and the chickens. Winter in Prince George will seem surreal after you've been in Africa for a few months.
    Safe travels and keep those blogs coming!

    kath xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Jen, I am very much enjoying living in your house. It has a wonderful, homey aura about it. This weekend, I sat in a chair in front of the wood stove, with a book that I have been reading, and thought "I am happy to be here". One thing that I was worried about was whether my little car would be able to make it to school in a foot of snow, and the very first day back at work nature obliged with a foot of snow. It was no problem to navigate through. So now - no worries. I have not seen your moose as of yet but we have seen a grouse, lots of birds and lots of tracks. And don't worry Jordy will not touch those moose! Kaylee would very unhappy. I am looking forward to reading about your adventures, and sharing them with my class.

    ReplyDelete